Update WordPress Service
Why regular maintenance?
Constant maintenance of any site is crucial to avoid nasty surprises like a hacked website with down-ranking in Google and lost customers as a result. New weaknesses are constantly found and as they are fixed in new versions of the software your sites needs to be updated to avoid getting exploited.
Updating WordPress, your theme and plugins is just a matter of clicking the Update button? Yes and no. That can work, but in some cases there will be an incompatibility between different plugins, WordPress or your theme. The incompatibility might be of a nature that takes down your whole site and will need to get resolved before things can get back to normal. Are you the person who can resolve it? If not, we’re here to help!
Please check our website maintenance plans below and do contact us if you have any questions.
Our pricing is very affordable for any serious business who needs help with the technical issues of running a website.
BasicBasic business site
- All Software Updated (WP, themes, plugins)
- Full Backup
- Basic test after Updates
- All features of Basic
- Staging Site
- Plugin Conflict Resolution, max 30 min
- Indepth Test Cases after Updates
GoldE-commerce or membership site
- All features of Basic+Silver
- Staging Site With Signoff Before going Live
- Security Check with Malware Scan
- Basic SEO Issue Check
- Speed Check
- Mobile Friendliness Check
- Server Check
- Summary Report
- E-commerce sites can’t choose Basic option as this will always take longer time.
- We will not re-implement customizations that breaks due to an update. This can be for instance old template customizations for WooCommerce not working with the latest version. You will loose the customizations. If there are customizations that need to be re-implemented we can work on a fix but it will cost extra.
- For any premium plugins it’s your responsibility to extend any expired licenses. We can help you with this but it will cost extra.
- If plugins are incompatible after an update we will look for a solution, for instance find another plugin which works. There is no guarantee that this is possible to solve without loosing some functionality.
What happens after I've made an order?
First off we will take a look at the site and decide if we can help you or not.
Our work process:
- You get an email from us asking for ftp or webpanel access to your site.
- We perform all tasks needed to update and secure your site.
- We perform tests.
- We email you when everything is finished.
- If for some reason you are not satisfied we can restore your site to what it was before the update. You have 24 hours after our email to ask for this at no extra cost.
What happens if something breaks?
We take it upon ourselves to always fix issues caused by us updating software or doing any other change. While we can’t be held responsible for lost income we do our utmost to keep you happy. You have 24 hours after the update finished to let us know if something is broken. We can even restore your site to what it was before the update.
What is not included in this service?
See Exceptions above.